david malechek [http://community.jboss.org/people/dmalechek] created the
discussion

"Re: Remote Client.addCallbackListener hang"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/622264#622264

Ron,
No change in status on this.  The patch I made to apply a 15 second socket
timeout on the secondaryServerSocket appears to keep us afloat by releasing the
blockage before things get out of control.
If there is ever a Remoting 2.2.3 patch for this, we'd love to have it, but
we've actually start planning our next steps assuming there won't be one.  In
the short term we will look towards trying to maintain longer term connections
to stay away from the contention on the callback collection.  In the long term
we are looking into going to RMI delivery.  We need to get to load balanced
clustering at some point and your documentation says that excludes the JMS
services.
Any ideas you have are appreciated.
Thanks,
David

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]