Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created
the discussion

"Re: JBoss tools does not put impl classes on classpath for AS7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/718275#718275

> henk de boer wrote:
>
> > Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> >
> > Note, adding everything is not the solution.
>
> > Max, just wondering what you exactly mean by this. Do you mean adding
> > everything by default to the standard JBoss server runtime, or providing an
> > optional JBoss server runtime that includes everything?
>

> "Adding everything by default" is what I mean and I also mean that we can't
> have a optional runtime that includes everything.
>

> Simply because "include everything" => broken classpath.
>

> > As mentioned, I agree that it might be a good idea to only provide API
> > classes in the standard runtime (shield most developers from accidentally
> > linking to implementation classes).
> >
> > But if you mean the second thing, I don't see how not adding everything
> > would not be a solution for advanced developers who simply need everything?
>

> Which jar with duplicate classes do you want to have to win ?  :)
>

> > Currently the AS 6 runtime includes almost everything, but you guys have
> > forgotten a few jars here and there and indeed me and some of the other
> > developers on my team have run into problems missing exactly those (if I
> > remember correctly, it was e.g. the timerservice in common/deploy/ and some
> > Tomcat related classes). The workaround is to add those jars to your
> > project's classpath, but don't export them to the deployment. This allows
> > you to do ctrl-t, call hierarchies, etc. It's a bit of a hassle, as
> > basically you do want to keep those jars out of version control, so you
> > have uncommitted changes in your project all the time and have to redo this
> > at every location you work.
>

> Open jiras for jars we are missing and we'll add (especially for pre-AS7 ones
> where its almost "random" anyway  ;)
>

> > The point is that there are always cases developers run into. I find it
> > hard to think of any jar or class in JBoss that should always and
> > permanently be 'hidden'.
I agree - but adding jars onto the classpath is unfortunately not just about
Ctrl+T working but it also affect junit launches and other things.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]