Kris Verlaenen [https://community.jboss.org/people/KrisVerlaenen] created the
discussion

"Re: Persisted timer task not firing on session restore"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/760609#760609

The first issue seems to be that, when restoring the session, it is detecting
that a timer should have been fired and it is immediately firing this.
Unfortunately, it's doing this before you have registered the necessary
handlers, so it will fail finding those.  The reason that it also tries to
delete the process instance info is that due to this exception during the
execution of the process instance, the process instance is aborted (as we
cannot execute it correctly), leading to the deletion of the process instance
info from the database.

One way to avoid this is to use a configuration file to register the handlers.
An example can be found here:
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm/tree/master/jbpm-installer/conf/META-INF
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/jbpm/tree/master/jbpm-installer/conf/META-INF
If you put these two files in a META-INF folder in your classpath, you can
specify your handlers in that configuration file (rather then registering them
using the API).

For the second issue (Unknown node instance type:
org.jbpm.workflow.instance.node.ActionNodeInstance@c5c781), the engine is
trying to persist the state of the process instance in the database while the
process instance is still executing.  This is usually caused by multiple
threads running on the same process instance. Could you open a JIRA issue for
this and attach the process and the java code you use to execute this, so we
can try to reproduce?

Thx,
Kris