Alessio Soldano [https://community.jboss.org/people/asoldano] created the
discussion

"Re: Cxf  Jboss AS 7.1  and Spring problem"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/799548#799548

> I have a doubt: should I install Spring dependencies using the ant build
> included in *jbossws-cxf* distribution, or can I just copy the Spring modules
> of my application?
You can use the spring version you want as long as the
org.springframework.spring module is properly created (either manually or
through the jbossws build).

> Still, if the first hypotesis stands, why should I keep on using the JBossWS
> implementation, instead of disabling it, and provide my own preferred
> implementation in the application?
> What are the advantages of using JBossWS?
It's basically a matter of deciding if you want a web application that has ws
functionalities in it thanks to the jaxws impl embedded in it, or if you want a
full javaee application. The latter, using the jbossws / cxf libs on the
server, offer proper integration of with the AS internals, support for jcp
specs not covered by cxf (e.g. JSR 109), etc.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]