Peter Johnson [https://community.jboss.org/people/peterj] created the discussion

"Re: Time Out"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/804312#804312

If my high school and college German hasn't failed me, I think that what you
are saying is that you are experiencing pauses during JBoss AS startup. Here is
a prior discussion on that topic (the poster was using 3.2.6 but the general
debugging guidelines still apply to 5.1.0):
 https://community.jboss.org/thread/148705
https://community.jboss.org/thread/148705

The key is taking a thread dump during the pause, looking at the threads to see
what they are doing or waiting on, and fixing that. Most likely, it is an issue
with network access.

Also, are you behind a firewall that would prevent internet access on certain
ports?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]