Hi
We are using JBOSS Portal 2.4 GA
we have requirement where registration should be done in Simple JSF application
and not using Portlet.
So we devleoped JSF application in which i am calling userModule as shown below

String userModuleJNDIName = "java:/portal/UserModule";
  |   UserModule userModule = (UserModule)(new
InitialContext()).lookup(userModuleJNDIName);
  |  User user = userModule.createUser(subID, userBean.getPwd(),        "[EMAIL
PROTECTED]");
I deployed the this JSF application war file in  same Jboss Portal server.
I am getting userModule but while creating the user it throwing exception as
Caused by: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Unable to locate current JTA
transaction
  |     at
org.hibernate.context.JTASessionContext.currentSession(JTASessionContext.java:61)
  | at
org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.getCurrentSession(SessionFactoryImpl.java:541)
  |     at
org.jboss.portal.identity.db.UserModuleImpl.getCurrentSession(UserModuleImpl.java:327)
  |     at
org.jboss.portal.identity.db.UserModuleImpl.createUser(UserModuleImpl.java:212)

Is this the corrct way to call userModule.Should i set some parameter in xml
file

Please help
Thanx

View the original post :