Hello.

I posted a question in the transaction forum, see
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=94678 , where I asked
whether transactions should be rolled back on java.lang.Error or not.

I understand that they should, but my real question is rather; should the
normal strategy for handling rolled back transactions really apply in this
situation?
In many cases the strategy is "try again". That might work for errors like when
an external resource is temporarily unavailable, but not for java.lang.Errors,
right? It doesn't make sense to try again after receiving an OutOfMemoryError
or a NoClassDefFoundError, for example.

/ Jonas

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3985420#3985420