Hi JBoss networkers,

Im going to make an C++ application that should have an open socket connection
to some server. Ive choosen JBoss for this. The point is that the application
and the server must keep the connection open because I want to get notified on
server events. The server is going to have a lot of connections and our plan is
to have "n" JBoss servers behind a firewall to route (load balance). Also, I
know that a thread pr. socket for every connection will kill the server quite
easily ie. there have to be some threadpool mechanism.

The problem is that im quite new to JBoss and just managed to make the Duke's
Bank application work (also tried to deploy a simple HelloWorld stateless bean
and call it from a java app. client) - in other workds I do not know the exact
difference between the types of beans that JBoss are supporting... or
clustering for that matter (which most certainly will help me in the future).

With the above in mind, what solution should I choose?

Ive been thinking about implementing my own server with Java NIO (without
knowing exactly nio). It could have in- and out queue - each with a threadpool
attached "eating" runnable objects on each queue. Assuming that I can use this
solution, what type of bean should I use to deploy it with? MBean?

So far I skimmed JBoss Remoting, PooledInvoker, xmlBlaster, CORBA, SOAP, but it
does not seem to be the solution (please correct me if Im wrong). Ive also
looked at EmberIO which probably could be used.

Thanks in advance.
/Nikolaj, Copenhagen

PS currently we are using Tomcat as standalone, but we are talking about using
it in combination with JBoss.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3986489#3986489

Reply to the post :