Gavin, I'm not trying to yell stupid things.  PHP is clearly a stupid thing.
It doesn't suffer LIEs because it's so primitive it doesn't have any
abstraction for access to the DB at all.  No (real) objects to initialize means
no initialization errors, and applications which are messes of procedural code
and no separation of view and logic.  It does have a very simple and effective
way of managing DB connections, but it's incapable of going to the next
generation of web services, which is what Seam is for.

Not using conversation scope is obvoiusly where I'm messing myself up.  I
didn't understand this.  I need to either figure out if Tomahawk can work with
Seam and maintain conversation, or just ditch Tomahawk, as cool as some of the
Tomahawk stuff is.

anonymous wrote : . I think it is fair to say that you should, in most normal
apps, only need to store one entity in the session scope - the logged in user -
and I've never had to place any in the application context.

Ok, that's a useful bit of info.

As for SMPC in Conversation scope: So I should change my SFSBs to be
conversation-scoped (as you're saying).  I should also remove the EXTENDED
PersistenceContext parameter?  If my SFSB is Conversation scope, I just don't
have to worry about it?

As a corollary, if I do all that, and test it with a Tomahawk component, and it
breaks, well, I just take out the Tomahawk stuff until they come out with a
version that works with Seam.

Is this the right track?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992157#3992157