There are a few articles about using JAAS authentication and propagating the
authenticated subject to EJBs. Sometime it is also described that in order to
keep the client authenticated for the duration of HttpSession, one should keep
the credentials (username + password) in the session so that every request can
use LoginContext.login again.

This is one example:
http://publicobject.com/2005/04/logging-in-to-web-app-using-jaas-on.html

I'm curious whether there is a better way that doesn't force the container to
validate the user's credentials each and every request. For example, I'd like
to be able to just store the Subject object in the session, and somehow
reattach this subject object to the LoginContext in each request. I tried using
JBoss's SecurityAssociation's static method called setSubject, which seemed to
work but it actually didn't cause this subject object to propagate in EJB calls.

Are there any suggestions?

Thanks

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994669#3994669