Eclipse 3.2.1
JBoss IDE 2.0 beta2 plugin
Sun Java 1.5.0_08 (64 bit)
Debian

I've been seeing tremendous instability in Eclipse ever since migrating from
JBossIDE 1.6 to the 2.0 beta.  In particular, operations like hibernate code
generation and reverse engineering routinely result in crashes.   Controlling
the JBoss server is enough to do it though.

Often there's an out of memory dialog that pops up, mostly it just freezes
entirely and I have to kill -9 the process.  I've tried bumping up the memory
but even with 3/4 Gig of memory it happens.

My co-oworker with the same setup on 32 bit Java on OSX sees the same behavior,
so it's not the underlying VM implementation that's responsible.  And doing
non-JBossy things I can keep the Eclipse session going far longer.

Anybody else seeing these sorts of problems? I've resorted to opening the
necessary files for a given task and then intentionally shutting down Eclipse
so that my workbench will be in proper shape after the inevitable crash :)

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994850#3994850

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994850