Ok, what I am doing is I am using a SFSB (temp. conversation scope) to act as
an intermediary when needed, and it's working fine (of course) and it's not
cumbersome or unnatural.  I'll use a real conversation bean (with Begin and
End) when I come to some part like building up a complex report or query, where
the user might want to try it, refine it, and repeat, and might want to have
different queries being developed in different windows or tabs.

And I'm now starting to delve into Facelets.  One cool thing I have noticed
about Facelets is that I now have Seam debugging available.  Now I need to
figure out how to use it for templating or whatever else it's for.

One question about Facelets compared to JSP: How does the performance compare?
I know JSP gets turned into a Servlet class, which gets compiled and
classloaded, so it runs as fast as any compiled Java code.  How about Facelets?
 Do they get XML-parsed every time they display, or are they cached in some
compiled state?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3996396#3996396

Reply to the post :