I just took a look at Seam in the CVS and after going through the seamspace
example I can't say anything else than:

I love you guys! :-)

I've been putting off this project for a long time in lack of a good security
implementation and now you've solved a lot of my problems.

I know you've planned to work on the security release for at least three more
weeks (according to
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel)
 but I've got something that you might not have thought of:

In security-config.xml you specify roles and assign permissions to them. What I
would like is to specify somewhere which permissions exists and what actions
they can have. Something like:

  | <permissionDefinition>
  |     <name>user</name>
  |
  |     <action>create</action>
  |     <action>modify</action>
  |     <action>delete</action>
  | </permissionDefinition>
  |
  | <permissionDefinition>
  |     <name>account</name>
  |
  |     <action>create</action>
  |     <action>delete</action>
  | </permissionDefinition>

and then I could assign them to roles in the security-config OR I could create
roles on the fly from the application and pick permissions from some sort of
gui based on the initial permissions definition. Perhaps this sound totally
crazy, or you've already done it, what do I know :-)

An other thing that I came to think of:
Now the permissions store their name and action as strings. Wouldn't the use of
enums or something else that is typesafe make life easier for us? I'd hate to
have a bug where I misspelled one of the strings somewhere. Or did I miss
something?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3996763#3996763

Reply to the post :