Hi Gavin, nice to see your post again :)

I want to share my experience when using seam+portlet+jsf+facelets, may be I
also have post some of them in the diferent topic, but I found some new problem
yesterday.

Here is my spec :
- Seam 1.1.0 GA
- Jboss portal 2.4 GA

I have an application which have 2 portlet windows in one page that perform
IPC(Inter Portlet Communication), says I have portlet A and Portlet B, in
portlet B I have a listener, so everytime I click in portlet A, it performs
action to portlet B and here is my problem :

1. When everytime I click in the portlet A it creates new conversation,
eventhough in my "controller" I already define @Begin(join=true)

2. Some method called multiple times, I think that this is because of this
issue : http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1411 or this
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1338  or this
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@myfaces.apache.org/msg28583.html :)

3. when I try to change javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD parameter to server I
found that everytime I click at the portlet A, I also found that portlet A
displayed in the portlet B window, but when I switch back that parameter to
client it works well, when I click into the portlet A, in the portlet B windows
displays it self, with response to my action in the portlet A

may be jboss guys from seam division and portal division or some body out there
can help me solved this problem, and for now, is there any of you working with
same environment with me, and already use this commbination in production
level, is seam+portal combination ready for production level?

Thanx for all your attention

-haric-

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999278#3999278