Tim,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I have compared your code snippets with our actual files.

Our deploy/jboss-messaging.sar/remoting-service.xml looks like this:

  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector"
  |           name="jboss.messaging:service=Connector,transport=socket"
  |           display-name="Socket transport Connector">
  |       <attribute name="Configuration">
  |          <config>
  |             <invoker transport="socket">
  |                <attribute name="marshaller"
isParam="true">org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.JMSWireFormat</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="unmarshaller"
isParam="true">org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.JMSWireFormat</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="serializationtype"
isParam="true">jboss</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="dataType" isParam="true">jms</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="socket.check_connection"
isParam="true">false</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="timeout">0</attribute>
  |                <attribute
name="serverBindAddress">${jboss.bind.address}</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="serverBindPort">4457</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="leasePeriod">20000</attribute>
  |                <attribute name="clientSocketClass"
isParam="true">org.jboss.jms.client.remoting.ClientSocketWrapper</attribute>
  |                <attribute
name="serverSocketClass">org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.ServerSocketWrapper</attribute>
  |             </invoker>
  |             <handlers>
  |                <handler
subsystem="JMS">org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.JMSServerInvocationHandler</handler>
  |             </handlers>
  |          </config>
  |       </attribute>
  |       <depends>jboss.messaging:service=NetworkRegistry</depends>
  |    </mbean>

It differs from your template in the serialization type (jboss vs. jms), the
lease period, and the missing callbackStore definition. This file should be
unchanged from the Messaging 1.0.1.SP2 installation.

The code in our bindings xml file also reflects these differences (I suppose it
has to match the definition from remoting-service.xml and not
messaging-service.xml). There is one further difference: The serverBindPort
value is already showing the new port number, not the original one as in your
example. If I specify the original port, the mapping is not performed.

                <service-config
name="jboss.messaging:service=Connector,transport=socket"

delegateClass="org.jboss.services.binding.AttributeMappingDelegate">
  |                     <delegate-config>
  |                             <attribute name="Configuration"><![CDATA[
  |             <config>
  |                <invoker transport="socket">
  |                   <attribute name="marshaller"
isParam="true">org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.JMSWireFormat</attribute>
  |                   <attribute name="unmarshaller"
isParam="true">org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.JMSWireFormat</attribute>
  |                   <attribute name="serializationtype"
isParam="true">jboss</attribute>
  |                   <attribute name="dataType" isParam="true">jms</attribute>
  |                   <attribute name="socket.check_connection"
isParam="true">false</attribute>
  |                   <attribute name="timeout">0</attribute>
  |                   <attribute
name="serverBindAddress">${jboss.bind.address}</attribute>
  |                   <attribute name="serverBindPort">11107</attribute>
  |                   <attribute name="leasePeriod">20000</attribute>
  |                   <attribute name="clientSocketClass"
isParam="true">org.jboss.jms.client.remoting.ClientSocketWrapper</attribute>
  |                   <attribute
name="serverSocketClass">org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.ServerSocketWrapper</attribute>
  |                </invoker>
  |                <handlers>
  |                   <handler
subsystem="JMS">org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.JMSServerInvocationHandler</handler>
  |                </handlers>
  |             </config>
  |                 ]]>
  |                             </attribute>