"rhasselbaum" wrote : I have tried specifying
-Djboss.bind.address=<my_ip_address> at startup, but it does not seem to have
any effect. And even if it did work, I need a solution that is DHCP-friendly
because this is a development workstation.Using -b <your_ip> doesn't work
either?

Anyway, it seems this problem is related to the /etc/hosts file on linux
systems. In many installations I encountered the first line showed something
like:

  | 127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost <your_hostname>

This is probably what makes JBoss bind itself to 127.0.0.1. If you want to
change this behaviour, just edit /etc/hosts to resemble something like this:

  | 127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
  | <your_ip>     <your_hostname>

This worked in all cases I encountered. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix
this problem permanently when you're using DHCP, but I guess there is more
information to be found on this subject on the Internet. Maybe just leave your
hostname out of /etc/hosts?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4004780#4004780

Reply to the post :