EJB3 is an ORM, therefore it shouldn't be so difficult to accept attributes
(simple accessor method) for orderBy and then swap them out as it handles the
query.

Suppose I haven't written much in the realm of JPA, but some kind of mapping or
framework hint should be accounted for this kind of use.

Basically, this is a huge use-case for ejb3 and I'm suprised its not addressed,
nor even discussed.  Yet its the first thing anyone mentions when they get into
implementing some ejb3 app.

Even if I handled the mapping on my end, viewsWeekly == 'c.views_weekly' etc.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008887#4008887

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008887