To clear up my earlier post, I am not implying that I can have a war file with
just a porltet-instances.xml file and an *-object.xml file. That will not work
because the Portal ignores portlet-instances.xml files if there is no portlet
to deploy. Thus, I need to declare at least one porltet, along with its
portlet.xml file, within the war file. Then the portlet-instances.xml file can
create instanceso fthat portlet and any other porlets in other war files.  Of
course, as Julien noted, you can run into a problem if the new war file is
deployed before the war file(s) containing the portlets you are referencing.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4011403#4011403

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4011403