Yesterday, I configured my JBoss Seam application to use Tomahawk JSF
components.

I copied tomahawk.jar and commons-fileupload.jar to my
$JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/jsf-lib directory.
After adding these jars to the server I configured my web-xml file as described
by the Tomahawk website (http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/index.html).

Additionally I made the changes outlined on the Tomahawk wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Use_Facelets_with_Tomahawk) to allow the use of
these JSF components with Facelets.

I created a page with the calendar component and it appears to be working
correctly.

After I had made these changes and tested the calendar component I discovered
the Seam documentation (version 1.1.6.GA) states:
"We do not recomend the use of the Tomahawk tag library".

Please comment on my use of the jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/jsf-lib directory for
deploying the jar files. Is this considered part of the "Server Classpath"?

 Please briefly explain why the use of Tomahawk is not recomended and describe
what kinds of problems might be encountered. Does this mean that Seam also
precludes the use of other JSF tag libraries (eg IceFaces)?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4013189#4013189

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4013189