Here's the situation: I have a Seam SFSB which creates an entity and persists
it.  It does this using a SMPC.  The method that does the persisting also sends
the same entity to a message driven bean (MDB) on this same server.  The MDB
needs this entity to be attached so it can look at various fields in the entity.

Here's the problem: The transaction from the seam-side, which sends the
message, does not commit until the method ends (returns).  But the MDB is
picking up the message before that happens, so the MDB is seeing the entity
before it has been committed.

This means that it can't find the entity and it's acting as an unattached
entity.  This is bad.  I can work around it by treating it as an unattached
entity but I would prefer to be able to use it attached.

Is there a solution for this?  I would really like to mark my Seam SFSB method
with some annotation that says, "let me handle the transaction on this one".  I
saw the @Transactional annotation, which says "method invocations should take
place in a transaction, and if no transaction exists when the method is called,
a transaction will be started just for that method", which is exactly what I
don't want.

Ideas?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4013460#4013460