"petemuir" wrote : My best guess as to why it fails from what you've said is
that by passing the instance through the datamodel like that it has become
unmanaged so cannot be removed - you can check this by calling
entityManager.contains().  Setting by Id rather than instance might just work
(use it with my.getId rather than rowIndex).

Where should I set the breakpoint in my debugger to do an
entityManager.contains() check?

Or if it's better to output a FacesMessage with this value, where should I put
that debugging line?

anonymous wrote : And beware of the fact that a remove won't remove the entity
from memory - it just detaches it from the persistence context.

So the refreshed page after the delete would still show the removed entity in
the list right? But if I look in my DB, am I correct to say I should no longer
see it there (if things work correctly) even though it's still in memory?

Next question is why does this happen - isn't entity-query EVENT-scoped, which
means that on the next refresh it doesn't exist and has to hit the DB again?

Thanks a lot.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4017709#4017709

Reply to the post :