"petemuir" wrote : #{application.name} references a String, you are trying to
set it with a Application object.  Likewise for language.    Read up on JSF
converters and what they do.  And take a look at the EntityConverter on the
wiki as it does what you are trying to do for you...

hi again,
for background i read JSF converters,
then i go to wiki for SeamEntityConverter
(http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SeamEntityConverter)
i download zip file ant tryed to understand.

after all i deside to do my job.

1.i added xmlns:ec="http://jboss.com/products/seam/entityconverter/taglib"; into
my facelet. and change selectonemenu component tag like this :

  | <s:decorate>
  |                                         <h:selectOneMenu
styleClass="font_style" value="#{application.name}">
  |                                             <s:selectItems
value="#{applications.resultList}" var="name" label="#{application.name}"/>
  |                                             <ec:convertEntity
entityClass="com.magti.seam.beans.billAdmin.Application"/>
  |                                         </h:selectOneMenu>
  |                                     </s:decorate>

2. i modifyed my component.xml file :

  | <framework:entity-query name="applications" ejbql="select a from
Application a" />
  |     <framework:entity-home name="applicationHome"
entity-class="com.magti.seam.beans.billAdmin.Application"/>
  |     <factory name="application" value="#{applicationHome.instance}" />

3. i put entityconverter.jar file into my WEB-INF/lib.

but page did not load :

  | Value is no String (class=com.magti.seam.beans.billAdmin.Application,
value=com.magti.seam.beans.billAdmin.Application[applicationId=4]) and
component _id17:_id26with path: {Component-Path : [Class:
javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot,ViewId: /login.xhtml][Class:
javax.faces.component.html.HtmlForm,Id: _id17][Class:
org.jboss.seam.ui.UIDecorate,Id: _id25][Class:
javax.faces.component.html.HtmlSelectOneMenu,Id: _id26]} does not have a
Converter

is there any mistake i did ?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4019724#4019724