So, I think I figured out a solution that works for me.

In my persistence.xml in my original application EAR, I removed the
jar-references and instead added this;

  | <mapping-file>persistence-mapping-file.xml</mapping-file>

Then, in the persistence.jar within the EAR, I added the
persistence-mapping-file.xml containing this;

http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/orm_1_0.xsd";
  |     version="1.0">
  |
  |     <package>myproject.entities</package>
  |
  |     <entity class="myproject.entities.FooEntity" name="FooEntity" />
  |     <entity class="myproject.entities.BarEntity" name="BarEntity" />
  |
  | </entity-mappings>

Then I just refer to the same file within the persistence.xmls I deploy in my
webapp-EARs and that works more or less as I want.

Does seem like a bit non-standard use of the mapping-file from what I could
gather from reading some forums and stuff - but hey, it works. And it's good
enough.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4019868#4019868

Reply to the post :