anonymous wrote : I am trying to understand why you're example uses an
exception listener to catch exceptions, and recreate the connections etc?

In this case it's because I'm reusing a test case I created for an issue in
1.0.1. :)

We're also working with the assumption that an error on the connection is
likely to be infrequent and in most situations will signify that something
unrecoverable has happened i.e. it will be safer to just start over. This
assumption may be invalid - I'm open to any better/more sensible/more standard
way to do it.

Our code also needs to work with other JMS providers that don't have
transparent failover. We've got production sites using Oracle JMS (which is
really just the JMS API wrapped around their Advanced Queues DB functionality)
but smaller potential customers don't want to pay $$$ for Oracle. So, we've
been evaluating the Open Source alternatives i.e. JBoss Messaging, Active MQ,
Open JMS, Sun Messaging. JBoss is one of the more attractive options because
paid support is available.

Ben

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4022151#4022151