I am using Seam-managed PC. But it's throwing me the above error. Here is a
snippet of stacktrace:

  | 18:07:03,015 INFO  [Lifecycle] starting up: org.jboss.seam.security.identity
  | 18:07:03,562 INFO  [Pages] reading pages.xml
  | 18:07:03,625 ERROR [SeamLoginModule] Error invoking login method
  | javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: org.jboss.seam.RequiredException: In
attribute requires value for component: authenticator.entityManager
  |     at
com.sun.faces.application.MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.invoke(MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.java:91)
  | Caused by: org.jboss.seam.RequiredException: In attribute requires value
for component: authenticator.entityManager
  |     at org.jboss.seam.Component.getInstanceToInject(Component.java:1920)

I followed the example and coded the Authenticator as followed:

  | package com.judots.webclient.session;
  |
  | import * (skipped)
  |
  | @Name("authenticator")
  | public class Authenticator {
  |     @In
  |     EntityManager entityManager;
  |
  |     public boolean authenticate() {
  |             String usrName = Identity.instance().getUsername();
  |             System.out.println("Verify login for " + usrName);
  |
  |             User dbUsr = null;
  |             try {
  |                     dbUsr = (User) entityManager
  |                                     .createQuery(
  |                                                     "from login_user where
loginId = :username and password = :password")
  |                                     .setParameter("username",
Identity.instance().getUsername())
  |                                     .setParameter("password",
Identity.instance().getPassword())
  |                                     .getSingleResult();
  |
  |                     assert (dbUsr != null) : "No result from db. Should
have thrown NoResultException";

  |                             Seam.invalidateSession();
  |                             // String err =
Messages.getString(ELNames.APP_BUNDLE_ELNAME,
  |                             // "login.invalidIdPwd.msg", new Object[] {});
  |                             // FacesMessages.instance().add(err);
  |                             return false;
  |                     }
  |             } catch (NoResultException ex) {
  |                     System.out.println("User " + usrName + " not found.");
  |
  |                     Seam.invalidateSession();
  |                     // String err =
Messages.getString(ELNames.APP_BUNDLE_ELNAME,
  |                     // "login.invalidIdPwd.msg", new Object[] {});
  |                     // FacesMessages.instance().add(err);
  |                     return false;
  |             }
  |
  |             return true;
  |     }
  | }

I am not sure if I understand what it means by 'In attribute requires value for
component'. Can you help?

Thanks

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4023423#4023423