Uhm, are you sure that makes sense?

If a developer on our side tells you "we think we do this and that, but I am
not a lawyer", what good is that for the lawyer on your side? On the other
hand, if there is no lawyer on your (or your customers side), we can tell you
whatever we want?

What I'm trying to say is that these kind of questions are best left to legal
experts. If you want a legally sound statement, you need to contact Red Hats
legal department, probably easiest through some sales contact.

And here is the non-binding statement from me (IANAL): The libraries we
distribute with Seam are licensed under whatever license we received when we
obtained them. All of these licenses, included the LGPL under which Seam code
is licensed, permit the usage of the unmodified binary you received in any
environment (these are distribution licenses, not usage licenses). If you make
modifications to the source code you received, and the original code has been
under LGPL (or a license with similar clauses), you need to distribute your
modification under the LGPL to whoever you distribute a binary to (so these
receivers also have the right to make modifications). Some libraries we
distribute are licensed without this clause, modifications to their source code
can be kept closed.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024442#4024442

Reply to the post :