anonymous wrote :
  | In my deployment scenario I don't know the queue name (i.e. destination)
until just prior of load time of my mdb's, i.e. it is unknown at compile time.
Is there a way to solve this?

Not really. The connection consumer created for your deployment requires the
destination to be provided. If you wanted to do a 'trick' I suppose you could
provide the value of the destination in your ejb-jar.xml file as a property. At
deployment time, JBoss will resolve a property reference to the correct system
property. Example

  | <destination>${some.destination}</destination>

If you take a look at the messagedriven tests in our testsuite, you can see an
example of this. Note, for this to work, the name of the destination would have
to be set as a system property somehow prior to your deployment. Note, I don't
really recommend doing this as it's non standard behavior but it might get you
by.

anonymous wrote :
  | Also, there may very well be cases where messages that can be handled by
the same mdb implementation arrive on different queues, is it possible to
deploy an mdb multiple times to receive messages from separate queues?

You can't deploy the *same* MDB (ie the same MDB name) to multiple queues, but
there is nothing to stop you from deploying the same MDB code with different
EJB names to multiple destinations. Example:

  | <ejb-name>XListener</ejb-name>
  | <ejb-class>org.example.SomeMDB</ejb-class>
  |
  | <ejb-name>YListener</ejb-name>
  | <ejb-class>org.example.SomeMDB</ejb-class>

Also, there is nothing to stop you from deploying multiple listeners to a
single queue, but only one listener will receive a message, not both. Some
people use this scheme as a 'poor man's' load balancing for a single
destination.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4029135#4029135

Reply to the post :