Hello

I have a solution for you. The key is JMX API.
As you know there is a MBean which you can view using jboss jmx console.
One thing we have to do is to acces that MBean. Here is some code i have
written for you:

        String domain = "jboss.mq.destination";
  |     String service = "service=Queue";
  |     String name = "name=testQueue";
  |
  |     String stringObjectName = domain + ":" + service + "," + name;
  |
  |     MBeanServer server = MBeanServerLocator.locateJBoss();
  |
  |     try{
  |             ObjectName queueObjectName =
ObjectName.getInstance(stringObjectName);

  |             org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.QueueMBean queueMBean =
  |                     (org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.QueueMBean)
MBeanServerInvocationHandler.newProxyInstance(
  |                                     server,
  |                                     queueObjectName,

org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.QueueMBean.class,
  |                                     false
  |                             );
  |
  |             logger.info("queue depth: " + queueMBean.getQueueDepth());
  |
  |     }catch (Exception e){
  |             logger.info("cannot get depth of the queue: " +
e.getMessage(),e);
  |     }

When you have a proxy then you can get all queue properties by calling method:
getNameOfAttribute (ex. queueMBean.getQueueDepth();)

These three strings set up at the begining are taken from jmx-console page for
MBean monitoring Queue.

If you have any questions, just ask.

As a reward please look at my question (Queue - I can send but cannot receive)
i'm going to write right now.
Since you are working with queues maybe you will be able to help me.

Take care

vitor_b

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4031029#4031029