I'm writing some (configuration level) code that needs to know which Seam
components are installed. It actually needs to know which Seam components also
have a @my.Configuration("description") annotation.

My current approach is to register these manually in components.xml:

  | <component name="systemConfiguration" class="SystemConfiguration">
  |     <property name="configurableComponents">
  |     </property>
  | </component>

Ideally I'd like to either listen to events send by the Seam deployer, or if
that is way to early in the boot to get events/listeners going, I'd like to
access the Seam component "repository" programmatically later on. I only found
methods like Component.forName(), no Component.getAll().

I'm also thinking about subclassing ComponentScanner as ConfigurationScanner
and scanning again for my annotation, but that is probably slowing down the
boot procedure.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4031333#4031333

Reply to the post :