JBM UserGuide says:

anonymous wrote : The maximum number of delivery attempts can be specified
using the attribute DefaultMaxDeliveryAttempts for a global default or
individually on a per destination basis.

So, this should work for a individual destination(I have not tried):

  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.destination.TopicService"
  |       name="jboss.messaging.destination:service=Topic,name=testTopic"
  |       xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Topic-xmbean.xml">
  |       <depends
optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer</depends>
  |       <depends>jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice</depends>
  |       <attribute name="DefaultMaxDeliveryAttempts">3</attribute>
  |    </mbean>

The DefaultMaxDeliveryAttempts will set the delivery retries to three.

Thanks
/Madhu

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4031928#4031928