I have a lot of tests that all roughly follow the same pattern:

- SeamTest initializes the embedded container
- set up a faces-request
- get an instance of a properly prepared seam component
- run some tests&assertions

e.g:

  | @Test
  | public void testCombinedQuery() throws Exception{
  |     new FacesRequest() {
  |             QueryManager queryManager;
  |             @Override
  |             protected void updateModelValues()
  |             {
  |                queryManager = (QueryManager)getInstance("queryManager");
  |
  |             }
  |
  |         @Override
  |             protected void renderResponse()
  |             {
  |                     Query query = new Query();
  |                     query.setDays("'DAY1', 'DAY2'");
  |                     query.setTopics("'1','3'");
  |                     int resultSize =
queryManager.getNrOfQuestionsInQuery(query);
  |                     assertEquals("Combined-Query did not return the correct
Number of Questions", resultSize, COMBINEDQUERY_QUESTIONS);
  |             }
  |         }.run();
  | }

Now the next test runs through the whole cycle again, including initialization,
which takes ages, as it also contains the hibernate-setup with a whole bunch of
tables - is there a way to run tests inside a suite on the same container and
somehow share the same instance between tests?!

I would really like to run a whole lot of tests also during development, but
this startup-issue is really annoying...

cheers
stf

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035641#4035641