Is the documentation incorrect?

seam reference docs wrote :
  | @DataModel
  |
  | Exposes an attribute of type List, Map, Set or Object[] as a JSF DataModel
into the scope of the owning component...

I believe that the standard JSF datatable only supports a limited number of
types (not java.util.Set ) which seems to cause problems for one-to-many
relationships where the "most natural" type of association is a Set.  The
hibernate documentation seems to really make a point of this being the most
correct mapping where there are not any duplicates but then you can't render it
using the stock datatable. The last time I tried it the MyFaces implementation
actually "incorrectly" supported the rendering of a Set within a datatable but
there were discussions about "fixing" the implementation to not support it.

Can you show how you add to the Collection? and mabye the .xhtml (assuming
Facelets)

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037799#4037799

Reply to the post :