Hi All,

I am using jboss-4.0.5.GA. In my java file I am accessing folder which is on
the another machine of same network by java.io.File class.
-----------
File file = new File( "\\\\taligentportal\\DMDOCSERVER\\23050\\2006\\2639680" );
if ( file.exists() )
{
        System.out.println( "File present" );
}
else
{
        System.out.println( "File NOT present" );
}
-----------
Here "2639680" is folder present on "taligentportal" machine. But in this case
the program prints "File NOT present" message in log.

I have checked sharing permission on folder DMDOCSERVER of "taligentportal"
machine. All rights are given to "EVERYONE" user. This machine is running
Windows 2000 OS. The JBoss Server is running on Windows 2003 Server OS.

Now strange thing is that when I run standalone program (on JBoss instance
machine) having the same code, it is working fine and prints "File present"
message.

So is it something in JBoss that preventing access of network resources when
application running?

Let me know if you can help me.

Thanks.

View the original post :