I have a simple query and got into trouble if I add an order by statement
(where condition is not used).
Without the order statement everything works fine. What can happen, that an
order by statement causes the EJBException:Nullpointerexception occurs?

I use JBoss VM 4.0 Eclipse Plug-In and Hypersonic Database.

Here is the code snippet..

@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
        public List getTaskEntryForAdministration(String Worker, String
Projekt) {
                try {

                String querystr = "";
                String Filter = "";
                if (!Worker.equals(""))
                        Filter = Filter +" where worker.name='"+Worker+"'";
                if (!Projekt.equals("")){
                        if (Filter.equals(""))
                                Filter = Filter +" where
task.project.project_name='"+Projekt+"'";
                        else
                                Filter = Filter +" and
task.project.project_name='"+Projekt+"'";
                }

                String OrderBy = new String(" order by
worker.name,task.project.project_name,task.task_name,start_time,end_time");

                querystr = "from TaskEntry"+ Filter + OrderBy;
                List TaskEntryList = null;
                Query query = this.entityManager.createQuery(querystr);
                if (query!=null){
                        TaskEntryList = query.getResultList();
                }

                return TaskEntryList;

                } catch (EJBException e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();
            if (e.getCause() == null) e.initCause(e.getCausedByException());
            throw e;
                }

        }

cheers