Problem

Now one problem was fixed that it picked up stuff from database. But if the row
does not exist, and then when i put stuff in the form and say save/submit ...
it saves blank values. nothing null

This is what my xhtml page has at the bottom. Basically it was all generated by
seam-gen  (should i stop using seam-gen?)

            <h:commandButton id="save"
  |                           value="Save"
  |                          action="#{activityHome.persist}"
  |                        disabled="#{!activityHome.wired}"
  |                        rendered="#{!activityHome.managed}"/>
  |
  |             <h:commandButton id="update"
  |                           value="Save"
  |                          action="#{activityHome.update}"
  |                        rendered="#{activityHome.managed}"/>
  |
  |             <h:commandButton id="delete"
  |                           value="Delete"
  |                          action="#{activityHome.remove}"
  |                        rendered="#{activityHome.managed}"/>
  |
  |             <s:button id="done"
  |                    value="Done"
  |              propagation="end"
  |                     view="/Activityxhtml"
  |                 rendered="#{activityHome.managed}"/>
  |
  |             <s:button id="cancel"
  |                    value="Cancel"
  |              propagation="end"
  |                     view="/#{empty activityFrom ? 'ActivityList' :
activityFrom}.xhtml"
  |                 rendered="#{!activityHome.managed}"/>

As you can see from my previous post, my values are here #{activity.entrya} Not
in #{activityHome.entrya} I dont understand whats the Home stuff.

I am pretty sure that save update delete stuff is messing my app up as it
points to the activityHome

help.

While we are here. THis is what i have in my action bean

  | @Out
  |     private Activity activity;
  | @Factory("activity")
  |     public void actionMethod()
  |     {
  |             Activity activity= new Activity();
  |         try {
  |             activity= (Activity) em.createQuery("select o from Activity o
where o.userid = :num")
  |             .setParameter("num", 1)
  |             .getSingleResult(); // the 1 number is temporary will change it
  |         }
  |         catch (NoResultException ex) {
  |             FacesMessages.instance().add("Enter new activity record.");
  |
  |         }
  |
  |         if(activity!= null){
  |             setActivity(activity);
  |         }