Hi

Can anyone suggest the best way to delete large numbers of rows from a table
using EJB 2.1?

Obviously you can implement a findAll method and then loop through each Entity
calling remove() but surely there must be a better way from a performance
perspective?

I had tried implementing a home business method combined with an ejbSelect
containing a DELETE statement until I realized EJBQL in EJB 2.1 doesn't support
DELETE's!

This issue seems to have been addressed in EJB 3.0 and Hibernate but if your
stuck with EJB 2.1 what is the best strategy? Is it just to write some JDBC or
is there a better more 'EJB' way to do it?

Cheers,
Ben

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4039788#4039788