Hi,

In ExpirationAlgorithm.java, elements are being removed from a TreeMap like
this:

boolean found = set.remove(new ExpirationEntry(fqn));

This absolutely does not work because your ExpirationEntry objects are sorted
by expiration date in the Tree (as specified by your compareTo method).  The
code from Sun does a tree walk and cannot find an ExpirationEntry matching
yours because you didn't specify an expiry date.

The end result is two ExpirationEntry objects in the set with the same fqn, but
different expiry dates.

I was very confused by this and wondered why my objects were expirying out of
the cache, even though I periodically bumped up the expiry date.  Now I realize
this is happening because the old expiry date was never properly removed from
your set of ExpirationEntry objects.

Is this is known bug?  If no, will it be fixed soon?

Thanks,
Jamie

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044125#4044125