Well, not quite, but what was really happening isn't far from weird.

I managed to solve the problem by changing from this:
GrantedPermission(n : name -> (n == check.getName()), a : action -> (a ==
check.getAction()))

To this:
GrantedPermission(n : name -> (n.equals(check.getName())), a : action ->
(a.equals(check.getAction())))

...which is pretty much the same Shane told me to use in his first post. The
thing is, if you use the '==' operator, that line won't evaluate to true, even
if you indeed have into the working memory a GrantedPermission object with the
name and action being checked.

When you use equals() instead of '==', it works. I really don't know why, since
the drools 3 docs say in all examples that you should use '==' for string
comparison. There isn't a single example using equals().

And that's all to it. No change in any of the previous code. Just that. Im
happy now!

I've done some testing, and permission checking is working fine.

I will post all the code again, so it could help others.

Thanks Shane!.

And thanks Emerson. I'm from Brazil. Are you too? Maybe we can share some
personal experiences on Seam app development. Let me know if you would like
that.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4045160#4045160

Reply to the post :