Hi,

I'm also seeing this behaviour. As with Efabiano I have annotated a method with
@Restrict("#{s:hasPermission('vesselHome','persist',vesselHome.instance)}")
And have the Exception in pages.xml     <exception
class="org.jboss.seam.security.AuthorizationException">
  |             <redirect view-id="/secure/home.xhtml">

<message>#{messages['org.jboss.seam.security.AuthorizationException']}</message>
  |             </redirect>
  |     </exception>

Trying to perform that operation with a user without the correct auth results
in a org.jboss.seam.security.AuthorizationException, but the redirect never
occurs and the browser displays the HTTP Status 500 and stack trace.

This is using a Seam Gen project and the Restriction is in an EntityHome object.

Cheers,

Damian.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046420#4046420