I just checked out the EJB3 Spec and found the following:

Section 13.6.5 Handling of Methods that Run with "an unspecified transaction
context"
anonymous wrote :
  | The term ?an unspecified transaction context? is used in the EJB
specification to refer to the cases in
  | which the EJB architecture does not fully define the transaction semantics
of an enterprise bean method
  | execution.
  |
  | This includes the following cases:
  |
  |     ? The execution of a method of an enterprise bean with
container-managed transaction demarcation
  |     for which the value of the transaction attribute is NOT_SUPPORTED,
NEVER, or SUPPORTS.

  |     ? The execution of a PostConstruct, PreDestroy, PostActivate, or
PrePassivate
  |     callback method of a session bean with container-managed transaction
demarcation.[71]

  |     ? The execution of a PostConstruct or PreDestroy callback method of a
message-driven
  |     bean with container-managed transaction demarcation.[72]
  |
  | The EJB specification does not prescribe how the container should manage
the execution of a method
  | with an unspecified transaction context?the transaction semantics are left
to the container implementation.

My guess is that JBoss lets you use UserTransaction since there's no tx context
defined.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047374#4047374

Reply to the post :