Yup, I did try to use the gossip router yesterday and it does work.

Sorry for didn't look at it clearly in the JGroups document (initially I was
dealing with JbossCache :) ).
To sum up (to confirm my crumbling knowledge, hope you don't mind :) ):
For WAN there is a chance that some router will discard the IP Mcast message,
So in order to multicast to different nodes in WAN JGroups solved it by sending
multiple unicast messages.

For UDP/MCAST it uses IP multicast (by default) to find initial members (PING
protocol). But for TCP this cannot be used, so again JGroups provide us with 3
alternatives:
- PING a so called GossipRouter
- TCPPING a pre-known group member or host
- TCPGOSSIP, same as PING a GossipRouter mechanism but we can have more than 1
GossipRouter.

For all 3 solutions, the GossipRouter or pre-known host has alway to be start
up at first(before any other member begin to join the group)

Personally I prefer the GossipRouter solution (I am thinking of a way to have
GossipRouter to start along with the Jboss AS, don't know if that is possible
or not)

I would like to have one more question, about the TCP protocol.
As it says in JGroups document the use of send multiple unicast messages
instead of one multicast message is not that efficient and use more bandwidth
and there is a protocol in JGroups which is called TCP_NIO.
This TCP_NIO protocol is said to be more scalable for large clusters than TCP,
so can I use this protocol in Jboss ClusterConfig?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047768#4047768

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047768