One additional possible hint: when I shut the process down a shutdown hook runs
to do an orderly shutdown of jacorb which is being used by JBoss Transactions
for distributed transactions.  BdbjeCacheLoader throws an exception when it's
asked to shutdown apparently due to a lingering open transaction:

  | jvm 1    | com.sleepycat.je.DatabaseException: (JE 3.2.23) There is 1
existing transaction opened against the Environment.
  | jvm 1    | Aborting open transactions ...
  | jvm 1    |
  | jvm 1    |      at com.sleepycat.je.Environment.close(Environment.java:331)
  | jvm 1    |      at
org.jboss.cache.loader.bdbje.BdbjeCacheLoader.stop(BdbjeCacheLoader.java:259)
  | jvm 1    |      at
org.jboss.cache.loader.CacheLoaderManager.stopCacheLoader(CacheLoaderManager.java:333)
  | jvm 1    |      at org.jboss.cache.CacheImpl.stop(CacheImpl.java:870)
  | jvm 1    |      at
com.scea.scne.acs.shard.cache.JBossCacheShardStore$3.run(JBossCacheShardStore.java:72)

thanks...

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048003#4048003

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048003