UPDATE-----

After many many hours of examining mod_jk's log output, it seems as if my
declarations of various DWR (Direct Web Remoting) (for example:
/dwr/interface/ValidationService.js) files was causing multiple requests to be
generated. This in turn was throwing off the perceived even distribution of
requests.

I'm not quite sure how I am going to fix this issue in particular but at least
it allows me to know that it's something to do with the way I have constructed
the application. Hopefully that helps someone else.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050782#4050782

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4050782