Ok, lets see the backing bean as well :)

You are using a form of JSF validation (#{spaceManager.validateSpaceName}), but
you aren't using what Gavin is calling JSF (I would perhaps call it
Seam/Hibernate/JSF validation ;) ) - Seam/JSF/Hibernate validation is using a
combination of @Min, @Max etc. and s:validate/s:validateAll.  This is the
simplest and most powerful validation available in Seam IMO.

anonymous wrote : Do I still need <s:validateAll/> in this case?

No.

Doing validation in action methods (in your case
#{spaceManager.updateInstance}) is fine, but, it certainly isn't done in the
JSF validation phase, so, your model *will* have been updated with invalid
data.  It's your responsibility as the developer to deal with this (using
@Rollback is, IIRC, one way of doing this, another is to be in flushmode=MANUAL
and reload the data manually).  This is CERTAINLY NOT the recommended way of
doing simple validation (but is required for more complicated situations, like
when you need to compare values).

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4052933#4052933

Reply to the post :