Thanks for clarifying.  No, I do not want to manipulate the token from the
other thread.  I figured that was a no-no.  From my other thread I just want to
know what node it is on.  We want to provide users with some insight into what
state the workflow is in.

In this case I think it is acceptable for the user to only have visibility into
the previous rest state of a process.  Any "long running" step in the workflow
should be done asynchronously... the node should post some external request,
and wait until that request has been satisfied.

If the workflow is marching along through some simple nodes that don't take
much time (e.g. a decision node, or query to the DB) then the user would have
to be aware that by the time they looked at the output of their request the
workflow would already be beyond that point anyway.  Probably at the next wait
state.

At least that's my thought.  Please let me know if I've said anything that
doesn't sound right.
    -Jon

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4053727#4053727