I agree, as I have tried your approach before, Pete.
Unfortunately it didn't work with pagination, that's why I decided to have a
SFSB which extends EntityQuery.

I would really appreciate a Seam example where I can have a dataTable (fine if
it's not richfaces datatable, but nice-to-have ;-)
with a bunch of inputTexts inside columns, where pagination, sorting, etc.
works without having to check if the submitted values really belong into the
currently (visible) row.

I am quite certain that Seam does not provide this functionality out-of-the-box
now, but if you think it's worth a feature request, I'll be glad to post it.

The reason why I don't like my SFSB approach is that it may not work in future
releases because of possible framework changes + my SFSB expects all entities
to extend one special MappedSuperclass named PersistableObject.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4057398#4057398

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4057398