Hey Tim,

Ok, I'm assuming that you're talking about the time spent in
java.net.Socket.connect().  Note that the socket transport uses connection
pools, so a given invocation may or may not need to create and connect a new
socket.

Now, Remoting 2.2.0 has a "per invocation" timeout facility which limits the
time taken by a single invocation.  See Section 5.8.2 "Per invocation timeouts"
in the Remoting Guide
(http://labs.jboss.com/jbossremoting/docs/guide/ch05.html#d0e5415 ) for more
information.  If the invocation needs to create a socket, the remaining time
until timeout will be passed to the java.net.Socket method

  | public void connect(SocketAddress endpoint, int timeout) throws IOException

After the socket is created, any remaining time until timeout will be available
for the actual invocation.

I'm not sure if that helps.  If not, can you say more about what you're trying
to do?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4057471#4057471

Reply to the post :