Hi

I'm really sure if this is the right place to ask. I could not find any
specific JGroups forums.

However, let me know if there is a more suitable place.

We're using JGroups 2.4.1 sp3 in a JBoss 4.0.2. We're using JGroups to send
messages between the various servers. It works fine.
We have one problem, though. When one of the destination servers reboots, the
first message from the sender server fails. The log on the sender server says:
""2nd attempt to send data failed too". By adding some logging in
BasicConnectionTable we've found that a "Socket Closed" occurs. The code in
_send(byte[] data, int offset, int length) tries once, catches the IOException
and tries again the same closed connection, then giving the "2nd.." message.

  | private void _send(byte[] data, int offset, int length) {
  |            synchronized(send_mutex) {
  |                try {
  |                    doSend(data, offset, length);
  |                    updateLastAccessed();
  |                }
  |                catch(IOException io_ex) {
  |                    if(log.isWarnEnabled())
  |                        log.warn("peer closed connection, trying to re-send
msg");
  |                    try {
  |                        doSend(data, offset, length);
  |                        updateLastAccessed();
  |                    }
  |                    catch(IOException io_ex2) {
  |                        if(log.isErrorEnabled()) log.error("2nd attempt to
send data failed too");
  |                    }
  |                    catch(Exception ex2) {
  |                        if(log.isErrorEnabled()) log.error("exception is " +
ex2);
  |                    }
  |                }
  |                catch(InterruptedException iex) {}
  |                catch(Throwable ex) {
  |                    if(log.isErrorEnabled()) log.error("exception is " + ex);
  |                }
  |            }
  |        }

We really don't want to loose that message.
Have I missed something? Is there something I can do?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4059067#4059067

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4059067