the jboss tools for eclipse nightly build is still _very_ awkward to use for
now. Do not use it. Install a clean Europa SDK (the classic SDK but not the
prepackaged one for JEE developers). Then use the Europa discovery site to
install the officially signed JEE features, so you get syntax highlighting for
xml/xhtml/sql files. Install a subversion plugin if needed. Normally you do not
need any more features. As for the server start/shut off thing, you can use a
shell( DOS shell or any *nix shell) and run the start up script....I am
developing my Seam app this way.  You can set up a Seam-gen generated projects
in your eclipse following the Seam reference. Disable the auto build.
(important. It saves your frustration) When you want to deploy, on the eclipse,
just click (project-->clean-->check the "start a build immediately"). The Seam
generated build.xml for your project automatically do the deploy to your jboss
server. Watch your shell. Have fun....

Ellen

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062505#4062505