I read Michael Yuan + Thomas Heute's Seam book, it's pretty good but
information in that book needs to be updated since Seam is under drastic
change. Most of the time, I find Seam reference manual pretty sufficient. I
open the reference in a single html and global search is then much easier. If
the reference doc does not answer all my questions or my usage of some Seam
features turned very exotic, I resorted to this forum and always got
informative replies. (If only the search function of the forum could be more
usable) Sometimes, if you  are stuck by some really strange behaviours of the
framework and want to know what's happening under the hood, source code of Seam
is the best answer. That's why some people do Seam cvs update everyday to fetch
the latest source code, even thought they are not official Seam developers. If
Seam source code alone does not help, you might want the source code of some
3rd party libs, for example, hibernate, javassist,....even the source code of!
  jdk. If the source code of jdk still does not help you find the root of your
problem, you might want to look at the "native code" of your OS.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065342#4065342

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065342